Institute for Research on Suffering of the Serbs in XX c.

Home
At least 7,432 Serbs were killed in Sarajevo between 1992 and 1995. This is the number of victims with known names, surnames, dates of birth and death, plus 856 who are missing. These are not the final figures.

 

Ivanisevic: Sarajevo Tunnel was a Rat Channel for smuggling Weapons
Friday, 23 November 2018
Milivoje Ivanisevic 
BELGRADE, November 22 /SRNA/ - The president of the Institute for the Research of Sufferings of Serbs in the 20th Century, Milivoje Ivanisevic, has told SRNA that the tunnel under the Sarajevo Airport was a rat channel during the war for arming Sarajevo Muslims, and not a tunnel of salvation as it was presented in the “Kvadratura Kruga” documentary aired by RTS.

He says that the Sarajevo tunnel was an inappropriate subject for the documentary, and that the author did not understand the real purpose of the tunnel but presented it as it was used for humanitarian purposes, which was not the case.

“They used the tunnel as a rat channel to procure weapons and ammunition. You have a paradox situation that Muslims were better armed at the end of the war than at the beginning. They had the most contemporary equipment from NATO warehouses and they were allegedly under siege,” Ivanisevic has said.

Read more...
 
Karphammar: No justice for Serbs in Kosovo Judiciary
Monday, 03 December 2018
BELGRADE, December 3 /SRNA/ - Christen Karphammar, the first international judge since the arrival of the UN Mission to Kosovo, says he realised soon after he got there that there was no justice for Serbs in the Kosovo judiciary.

"I was handling grave criminal cases in Kosovo. I quickly realised the Serbs did not stand a chance in getting any justice in the courts there. The Albanians who had committed grave crimes against Serbs were released, while many Serbs were convicted without a fair trial,” Karphammar told the Vecernje Novosti daily.

He does not believe the Special Court for the crimes of the Kosovo Liberation Army /KLA/ in The Hague will prosecute the hundreds responsible for the suffering of Serbs in Kosovo since the 1999 arrival of the international mission to the province.

Read more...
 
Stankovic: Proven Killer Accquitted
Friday, 30 November 2018
BELGRADE, November 30 /SRNA/ - Pathologist Zoran Stankovic, who performed an autopsy on the victims of Naser Oric, the commander of the so-called Army of BiH in Srebrenica, told Srna that those who acquitted the proven murderer, a man who shot at the infirm, old and exhausted, will not sleep well for as long as they live.

"There are an awful lot of documents testifying to his crimes, and it has turned out for an umpteenth time that politics is above the truth, and that is a disgrace for humankind. But, those who acquitted him must live with it,” said Stankovic.

He noted that the number of victims of whose killing Oric was acquitted on Friday by the BiH Court was much lower than the actual number he killed or ordered to be killed.

Read more...
 
Pantic: I was Three Days in Coma as a Consequence of Beating
Thursday, 08 November 2018
SARAJEVO, November 7 /SRNA/ - At a trial of ten persons indicted for crimes against Serbs in Orasje in 1992, Goran Pantic, a witness for the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH, has said that he was three days in a coma after he was beaten in the school building in Orasje by Mato Zivkovic, a.k.a. Rakijica, Pera Vincetic a.k.a. Konj, Damir Kljajic a.k.a. Dama and some other members of the HVO military police.

Pantic said today before the BiH Court that he was taken captive on May 5, 1992 in Gornji Svilaj, and that he was transferred to Orasje from Slavonski Brod together with around 600 Serbs at the end of August of the same year.

The witness has said that they came to Orasje exhausted and hungry because they previously, while in captivity in Bosanski Brod, were digging trenches, where he was wounded twice.
Read more...
 
Hiding Report on Massacre against 1,000 Serbs is The Second Grave Offense of The UN
Thursday, 18 October 2018
Milivoje Bata Ivanisevic Photo: Press.ba
BELGRADE, October 17 /SRNA/ - The hiding of a report on the massacre of around 1,000 Serbs in the Central Podrinje that was committed in the period from April 6, 1992 to April 6,1993, is the second grave offense the UN committed against Serbs, the author of the report, Milivoje Ivanisevic, has told SRNA.

He has said that the report, which CIA hid, has been in the UN since 1995.

“They hid the document and it has never been discussed, and in 1998, they adopted a report on Srebrenica which besmirched the Serbian people,” said Ivanisevic, who is also the director of the Institute for Research on Sufferings of Serbs in the 20th Century.

He has said that it is terrible that at the time the UN adopted the report in which Serbs were described as criminals worst even than the Nazis, the report on Serbian victims in the Podrinje has already been in the UN, but was hidden, and we probably would not have known about it had it not been for peace activist from Boston Gerard Israel.
 
Read more...
 
Strbac: Indictment against Dudakovic for Crimes against Sebs in The Storm Opperation
Tuesday, 16 October 2018
BANJALUKA, October 15 /SRNA/ - Head of the Veritas Documentation and Information Centre, Savo Strbac, expects the BiH Prosecutor's Office to issue indictment for command responsibility against war commander of the 5th Corps of the so-called BiH Army, Atif Dudakovic, for war crimes committed against several hundred Serbs during the Storm Operation in 1995.

"We are convinced that an investigation is being conducted against Dudakovic for these crimes and that, in the end, a unique indictment will be composed. Under command responsibility, Atif Dudakovic was a superior to a former member of the 5th Corps of the so-called BiH Army, Sefik Alic, sentenced by the Court of BiH to eight years in prison for war a crime against four captured members of the Srpska Krajina Army," Strbac told SRNA.

He says that Veritas is seeking compensation for the families of the Serbs killed from Croatia on the basis of the BiH Court’s ruling in Sefik Alic case under the Split Agreement, signed on July 22, 1995 by the then Croatian President Franjo Tudjman and the president of the so-called Republic of BiH, Alija Izetbegovic.

Read more...